The Project Manager II will be accountable to facilitate the technical, project management, customer interaction and leadership of the RockCast operations New Jersey team. Success in this role will be measured through on-time delivery of products and services, starting at order receipt through delivery. The candidate will be responsible to provide design input, project management organization and process and project status to internal and external customers. This role will also be the customer point of contact for resolution and agreement in cases of conflict. This role will work cross-functionally with Sale/Business Development, Supply Chain management and Manufacturing to ensure visibility of customer requirements and internal commits. This role will also be tasked with leading a diverse technical group through the entire project management process, providing clear strategy, expectations, accountability and coaching to meet company goals and objectives.
• The tasks for this Role of Project Manager II requires numerous skill sets to include technical, process discipline, customer service and leadership.
• Reviews project plans and proposals, then works with management to develop project objectives. Identifies project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project. Calculates time frames and sequences the stages of the project. Incorporates this data into the Sales and Operations planning process.
• Prepares and distributes a description and timeline of the project. Coordinates Project Review meetings to educate on scope, complexity and timing of the project.
• Studies product design, customer requirements and performance standards, then determines project specifications. Presents cost models (material, production and technical resourcing) and performance standards. Communicates customer requirements and product specifications to be delivered.
• Through project coordination meetings and other forms of communication, oversees and coordinates the technical aspects of the project along with project progression/status. Partners with Sales, Supply Chain and Manufacturing to deliver customer requests and expectations.
• Prepares status reports and regularly monitors budgets, contractors and schedules. Allocates project resources appropriately; approves expenditures; employee contractor contracts. Keeps an accurate record and electronic data base of all elements of the projects, including transportation impacts.
• Presents procedures, rules and regulations to those involved in the project; productive environment through effective policies, processes and procedures. Maintains project integrity and reputation through compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Demonstrate and operate according to the Company Core Values. Ensure alignment with company strategy, mission and purpose.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Skill sets must include performance and /or direction of specific engineering work on diverse construction or building site design or installation projects across market segments and with varying degrees of complexity. Specific engineering work may include but is not limited to the following: client communication, technical recommendations (plan and specifications) and technical reports preparation and/or oversight; engineering analyses, opinions of probable costs, and supporting calculations; independently evaluate, select and recommend and /or perform design solutions, procedures, criteria, and quality control/quality assurance activities to deliver a quality design product.
• A project engineer must be flexible and able to work well in a fast-paced environment. They should be competent in handling simultaneously occurring tasks and smaller projects and have excellent written and oral communication skills. It is helpful for a Project Manager II to have conversation skills in at least one other foreign language, most commonly Spanish.
• This position requires analytical and mathematical skills, quick thinking, and a solid understanding of the main principles of engineering, construction, and architecture. A successful Project Manager II should also seek out available professional development and continuing education opportunities.
• Candidates should have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience.
• 4 year degree preferred.
• Experience or Certification in drafting and/or Project Management preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data and solve problems.
• Demonstrated design, excellent presentation, written, verbal and graphics communication skills, and solid project experience are essential
• Excellent client management and interpersonal skills; Ability to interact effectively with multi-discipline customers, vendors and employees at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent team leadership/mentoring skills and proven success directing teams in all project phases required. Project teaming and collaboration experience with multiple entities.
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, follow-up and time management skills, thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented.
• Technical coaching/mentoring experience; lifelong learner, naturally curious and have desire to develop technical expertise.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as team.
• Entrepreneurial, communicative and persuasive skills are a must as well as being creative and enthusiastic!
To Apply: Applications accepted until position is filled. Email or Fax a Resume, cover letter and any letters of recommendation to Careers@readingrock.com or 513-326-2977.