• Responsible for creating detailed and accurate shop drawings and layout drawings from blueprints or other customer supplied documents.
• Create desired forms and drawings to assist sales and marketing in gaining market share.
• Incorporate customer revisions to originals and communicate changes that affect price and/or production.
• Maintain drawing standards and templates.
• Passionately exemplify a commitment to elevating the standards for People, Products, Processes and Profitability of the company.
• Rigorous compliance with all SOP's, company policies, procedures, and performance standards.
• Incorporate Safety as a lifestyle and report any known safety issues to the correct personnel.
• Enhance self development by continuously applying learning and technical innovation to departmental operations. This includes robust utilization of Starway in your performance process.
• Robustly communicate discrepancies or potential issues in design or blueprint that may lead to customer dissatisfaction or expose the company to additional expense.
• Vigorously support the Core Values, company mission and strategies.
• Promote Takeoff, Estimating, installation and connections.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
• 5-7 Years Drafting experience required, architectural preferred
• Proficient at AutoCad
• Ability to use basic SolidWorks, as required
• 2-year technical degree preferred or technical certificate
• Masonry, Cast Stone and/or Limestone experience preferred
• Microsoft Office average skills
• Ability to read, analyze, communicate and interpret blueprints, common association and professional journals, financial reports, and other documents.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, pay increases and bonuses, percentages, area, circumference, volume and other calculations.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the key actions of this job.
• Individual must be able to walk more than average distance, climb up stairs, lift 50 lbs, bend at the waist, and sit for extended periods.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in all areas of responsibility including employee relations.
• Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, understand abstract information, thinking in 3D.
To Apply: Applications accepted until position is filled. Email or Fax a Resume, cover letter and any letters of recommendation to Careers@readingrock.com (link sends e-mail) or 513-326-2977.