Reporting to the President and a member of the executive leadership team at the Cincinnati corporate office, this position is responsible for the growing operations of the company including; multi-site/multi-state manufacturing facilities, Supply Chain Management and the Project Management/Technical Services teams processing the order. The position has responsibility for over 240 associates and an annual operating budget in excess of $30MM.
The ideal candidate will:
• Passionately exemplify and articulate the Core Values and strategic elements of the company to internal and external customers while demonstrating commitment to elevating the standards for People, Products, Processes and Profitability of the company.
• Be customer service focused on both internal and external customers.
• Serve as a business change agent leading process improvement initiatives which will enable the organization to reach the next level of operational excellence.
• Work with other leaders to deploy the appropriate safety, quality, cost, delivery and people metrics at all levels of the organization.
• Contribute to strategic planning in preparation for growth initiatives and new product development.
• Instill a problem solving and continuous improvement culture on site and in related areas of the company.
• Drive planning, development, coordination, support, and execution of high impact (immediate and long term) improvement plans for effective and sustainable cost saving initiatives.
• Create and deploy dynamic reporting platforms to capture the benefits desired.
• Develop and deploy robust training programs for best practices and the use of continuous improvement process tools:
- 5S and visual management
- Brain storming and problem solving
- Project plans and project planning
- Team building and team dynamics
- Kaizen events
- Process and Value Stream Mapping, SIPOC
- Six Sigma, Lean, Lean Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints Methodologies
• Be held accountable for meeting/exceeding agreed upon metrics to include:
- Industry leading Safety and Quality Standards
- Reduced manufacturing costs yielding increased Gross Margin
- Improved operational efficiencies yielding reduced response time/lower costs
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (mechanical, industrial, manufacturing engineering or equivalent)
• Minimum 5 years of experience with P&L responsibility.
• Lean manufacturing experience.
• Six Sigma certification preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; knowledge and ability to train on methodologies at all levels of the organization.
• Experience in an operations/manufacturing design/build to order environment a plus.
• Previous responsibility managing P&L/Cost Centers with measured improvement initiatives in product manufacturing.
• Experience in training and cultural change management is preferred.
• Strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction of change management.
• Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to coach, mentor, and energize team members.
• Deployment of a Lean culture: organization, policy deployment, management routines, management control, behavior and visual management.
• A demonstrated understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just - In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma and Communication Tools, and Statistical Problem Solving.
• Thorough understanding of lean tools such as standardized work, 5S, SMED, TPM, Kanban MIFA, Error Proofing, etc.
• Our new team member must believe in and exemplify passion and commitment to the company, its mission, core values, and our 4P pyramid (people, products, process and profitability). The ideal candidate will feel the need to meet and exceed goals and have a winning attitude. We are looking for someone with the desire for professional growth opportunities and one who can bring an energetic attitude.
To Apply: Applications accepted until position is filled. Email or Fax a Resume, cover letter and any letters of recommendation to Careers@readingrock.com or 513-326-2977.