Features & Benefits
- Block face: 5.33 sq. ft. or 48” x 16”
- Available Depths: 24”, 39”, 45”, 60”, 66″, 72″, 78″, 84″
- Mass: 1,000 – 4,100 lbs per block
- Concrete: Minimum of 4,000 psi
- Lifting Devise: lifting insert loop
- Turing Radius: Approximately 15 feet (varies with wall height)
- Retaining Wall Batter: 3.6 degrees automatically built into the system. Can be adjusted to 7.2 degrees with the use of field-installed spacers.
Tall Gravity Retaining Walls
- Unique tongue-and-grove lock-and-placement design, combined with massive size and weight, permits retaining wall heights up to 17 ft. 4 in. without reinforcing geogrid. Eliminates the time and cost associated with excavation and soil replacement when reinforcing geogrid is required.
- Significantly taller ReCon Walls can be built by incorporating geogrid, setback or tiers.
- Made of wet-cast, air-entrained concrete with a minimum psi of 4,000. The durability required in environments prone to the challenges of freeze/thaw cycle, road salts or brackish water.
- Concrete Block Walls from ReCon can be constructed quickly using equipment generally available to contractors, maximizing productivity and minimizing manual labor. No mortar, no pins.
Engineered and Tested
- A ReCon Retaining Wall can be professionally engineered and designed for wall performance that is generally unavailable for natural stone walls.
Customized Design and Aesthetics
- The rustic rock finish prevents repetition in the overall wall pattern. Stains are readily available and easily applied in the field after installation to achieve a customized color that will last for years to come.
- Block comes in multiple depths to optimize efficiency by providing the mass when required or eliminating it when not required to save material and freight cost.
- Tapered block design allows both inside and outside 90 degree corners or curves.
- Caps or special top units that allow greenscape within four inches of the finished wall face are available.
ReCon CAD Details
National PreCast Concrete Association (NPCA) Certified Plant
- ReCon concrete blocks are manufactured in a controlled environment with on-site computer regulated batching process which allows Reading Rock to achieve tight batch controls from pour to pour. In addition, our testing frequency is four times the testing standard to ensure you get the right product, on time, every time.
Architectural PreCast Association (APA) Certified Plant
- Reading Rock has in place an independently monitored quality control system. Architects, engineers and government agencies nationwide have accepted APA Certification as an equivalent to PreCast/PreStressed Concrete Institute (PCI) Certification.
In-House PE and LEED® APs and GAs
- Our in-house engineers and LEED Accredited Professionals help us stay ahead of the curve in supporting green building and devise new ways to make our products and processes not only with the best quality, but also with what is best for our environment. Contact us today to see how your ReCon retaining walls can contribute to LEED credits on your next project.
Ease of Installation
One of the biggest advantages of the big block system is the increased labor production rate. The most experienced wall contractors have indicated that they can achieve rates from 150 to 200 sq. ft. of installed wall per man per day on most project sites. In some cases, contractors have achieved up to 250 sq. ft. of installed wall per man per day.
ReCon is installed using equipment many contractors have on most commercial retaining wall job sites. Skid steers, back hoes and front end loaders have all been used to locate and place ReCon units which translates into increased efficiencies because moving equipment is not subject to human fatigue. ReCon walls are usually constructed with a smaller crew than projects requiring physical handling of wall basic components.
For installation recommendations, please see Section 3.5 Unit Installation of the ReCon Specification which can be found in the download section above.